George started his career at KMAL-AM in Malden, Missouri. He has also worked at KADI-FM and Alice@955 in Springfield Missouri. George returned to Southeast Missouri radio in the early 2000’s at a local Hot Adult Contemporary station in Sikeston then transferring to the Rock station owned by the same company. George left Southeast Missouri in the late 2000’s only to return in 2011 at New Country B97.9. George can also be heard on 104.7 KREZ as well as Star 107.1.
Air Staff photos courtesy of Laura Davis Photography - Dexter, Missouri
Active 25 minutes; total 25 minutes; cost per serving $2
Per serving: 397 calories; 11 grams fat (3 grams saturated fat); 37 milligrams cholesterol; 1,287 milligrams sodium; 26 grams protein; 51 grams carbohydrates; 16 grams fiber
2014 must have been the year of ♥ !
A new list from the Global Language Monitor found that the heart emoticon was the most frequently used word in the English language in 2014. It’s the first time in 15 years an emoji has taken the top spot.
The Top Words of 2014
1. The Heart ♥ Emoji (for love) — People usually use the heart emoji to express love or warm feelings.
3. Vape — Short for vaporize, or vaping, the act of smoking an electronic or e-cigarette.
4. Blood Moon — Four total eclipses of the moon in an eighteen-month span. Some Christians see it as presaging a lunar apocalypse.
6. Photobomb — Breaking into a photograph without permission.
7. Caliphate — A land ruled by an Islamic Caliph, typically governed under Sharia Law.
9. Bae — A millennial’s term of endearment.
10. “Bash” Tag — Co-opting a brand’s hashtag to undermine it.
It's the hack of all holiday hacks, a simple Christmas present wrapping technique that will save you loads of time (and tape).
Posted on YouTube by Todd Tripp, the video from the Takashimaya Department Store in Japan shows us how to successfully wrap a present in under 15 seconds. By using what seems like pre-cut paper and scotch tape, this employee makes gift wrapping look way too easy.
Check out the video above and practice with recycled paper before the real thing. Oh, and this doesn't include extra time for any fancy ribbon or gift tags you may want to add.
Cam Newton, the starting quarterback for the NFL's Carolina Panthers, was rushed to the hospital after his truck flipped over following a two-vehicle collision on a Charlotte bridge. TMZ quotes a witness as saying Newton's truck was "T-boned" by another driver, and that the athlete was obeying all traffic laws at the time of the accident. Newton managed to crawl out a truck window but was unable to stand up and could be seen grimacing in pain as bystanders tried to comfort him. Newton initially resisted medical attention but was later placed on a stretcher and loaded into an ambulance. The other driver was also taken in for observation.